It is so nearly time to begin my adventure, and I am so, so, so, so ready for it!
This time next week I’ll of landed in Stockholm. I’ll of hopefully navigated my way successfully to my first ever foreign hostel (because a hostel in Bristol doesn’t count!) & I’ll be exploring a beautiful city enjoying my
first, second, third beer.
The jitters are heavily present. My knees are weak, my arms are heavy, however no vomit or parental spaghetti.. yet.
So! Stockholm comprises of 14 islands.. A lot of space to attempt to cover in 3 days (challenge accepted). I’m going to enjoy it & take my time with what I do and see, but there are definitely a few must see/do’s on my list!
– Gamla Stan & the beautiful coloured houses at Stortorget
– Grönalund – Sweden’s oldest amusement park
– Skansen – The oldest open-air museum in the world (including a ZOO full of Nordic animals!)
– Kungsträdgården – Popular park & decent scenes
– Drottningholm Palace – ..a palace
– The Royal Palace Of Stockholm – ..yup, another palace
– Kumgholmen Island – Stockholm City Hall is on the island, & the views are meant to be pretty nice
– Monteliusvägen – A promenade running along cliffs, again with alleged stellar views
– Djurgården Island – A central island in Stockholm showcasing history, attractions and good food. Oh, and they have spirit tasting sessions.. sold!
– A canal trip from Strömkajen Pier.
I don’t know what to expect, I don’t know how I’m going to feel about anything in a week. All I know is that I’m bare frickin’ excited & ready to face some new challenges & see what I’m capable of solo.